A partial list of topics for independent/directed studies for credits.
- CISCO Certification Exam Preparation
- LINUX configuration and distribution development
- Socket Programming and TCP/IP
- JAVA Applet vs. Servlet
- PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)
- Color Theory for Online Marketing
- Fuzzy Sets and Logic
- Artificial Neural Networks
- ART Neural Networks and Evolutionary Computing
- Artificial Intelligence Programming -- MAS framework
- RoboCup: Simulation League
- Game AI Engines
- Machine Learning Algorithms
- Large Scale Data Mining Strategies
- Chart Parser and Unification-Based Grammar
- Systemic Functional Grammar
- Fuzzy Sets in Data Analysis
- Fuzzy Relational Inference Language (FRIL)
- Fuzzy Control in FRIL
A partial list of thesis topics completed under my advising.
- Fraud credit card transaction detection using ID3
- A study on simple word frequency features for Bayesian text classification (frequencies of the first N letters of each word)
- A study on a simple Object-Oriented Software Engineering for B2C E-Commerce site development
- Securing business E-mail correspondence using PGP: a prototype development
- Computational support of online apparel coordination using Fuzzy Relational Inference Language (FRIL)
- On-line investment using Soft Computing
- Support Vector Machines, N-gram kernels, and text classification
- Intrusion detection, intelligent agents, and Soft Computing
- Source code security analysis and Fuzzy Logic
- Construction of efficient indexes from fuzzy clusters : preliminary study
- Navigation agents and traffic simulation
- Web-based fuzzy expert system : EWU optimal advisor
- Using fuzzy classifiers for perceptual state recognition
- Visualization of logic programming
- Practicum: Secured Software Engineering practice in a state digital archive operation
- Novel visualization scheme for reasoning with uncertainty
- Word prediction in assistive technologies for aphasia rehabilitation using Systemic Functional Grammar
- Perceptual state recognition in remote classrooms using Cloud Computing
Professional Communication Skill Development for Non-English Scholars.
- Russian undergraduate and graduate students
- Kazakhstan faculty and scientists
- Japanese graduate students
Entrepreneurial and technical consultation for business.
- Online game development
- Component-ware package development
- Optimization for architectural design using Genetic Algorithms
- Online permission/agreement using one-way hashing
- Teleconference configuration/arrangement for academic conferences
- Mobile communication/information technologies for local small/home business
- Online credit card processing for non-profit fund raisers
Professional Societies and Event organization.
- Member and treasurer, Board of Directors, North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society (NAFIPS).
- Editorial boards of research international journals (e.g. JACIII, IJFUKBS, Kansei International, IJIS, etc.).
- Conference and workshop committees and organizations (e.g. NAFIPS, MAICS, SCIS-ISIS, FUZZ-IEEE, IFSA, EUSFLAT, IFIP TM, ICPR, etc.).
- Training and exchange events (e.g. EWU-IPU CSIEP, CRDF ELIT & UW).
- Awareness events (e.g. iSAFE, MOSAIC).