OUTDATED. ARCHIVE ONLY.
I am currently in charge of EWU's Health Informatics Technology and Management (HITM) program as the program coordinator.
Advising HITM students
- General Information of BS in HITM at EWU.
- MISC4XX Information Security Management should be taken to replace CSCD303.
- MISC4XX Business Intelligence is a good elective though not required.
- MISC499 Independent Study is a good way of compensating your technical skills related to Health IT: Open Source, XML, Mobile Computing, HIE, etc.
- Major declaration -- Fill this form and meet me to get my signature.
- Official catalog -- Know which catalog to follow, in terms of academic year (AY).
- AY of university admission for the university requirement.
- AY of official major declaration for the major requirement.
- Graduation application -- Fill this form and meet me to get my signature. Note. SOAR may help you in filling the form.
- Membership, resume and other petition must be filed by the department.
- Course advising chart -- Keep this up-to-date for a better and smoother advising.
- Course offering plan -- Not official. Not final.
- Communication with the Coordinator.
- Student Organization at EWU -- strongly advised to participate.
- Professional Organization -- a membership is required for graduation.
Teaching required and related courses:
- HITM coordination.
- Student advising and mentoring -- see above.
- HITM Advisory Board Chair.
- CAHIIM accreditation to generate RHIA.
- Outreach for internships and collaborative projects.
- Course and curricula development.
- IT consulting to scholars, professionals, societies, and communities.
- for technical and operational solutions.
- for research and development.
- for training from novice to experts.
- for globalization.
- for symposia, workshops, conferences and publication.